Gold Coast Inspectors has been in business since 1989, helping LA, Ventura, and Santa Barbara Counties with Building Analysis reports, and inspections of:
- Pools & Spas
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
Certifications & Affiliations:
Gold Coast Inspectors is the trusted source for Calabasas home inspections
Rest Assured that Your Home is Safe and Sound with a Thorough Inspection
The biggest investment many of us will make in our lifetimes is a home purchase. A home inspection from Gold Coast gives you invaluable information when purchasing a home.
Your report will be a professional and thorough evaluation of both the structure and the site on which it sits. You will be able to review the report and learn which items require maintenance and which could be potential safety issues or problems with the structure itself.
Mold Inspections: Ventura, Santa Barbara, Camarillo & Surrounding Areas
Mold inspections are of utmost importance. If not removed correctly, mold can remain behind and out of sight of the naked eye. Through our partners, EMLab P&K, we can provide you with fast and accurate mold analysis. Detailed information about our mold inspections can be found here.
Real Estate Inspections from a Trusted Name
Part of your reputation as real estate agent depends on the contractors and vendors you recommend. My name is Scott Taylor. I have served Californians for 30 years as a firefighter, and also have over two decades of experience in the construction industry and as a home inspector. I believe part of our job is to provide excellent customer service for your clients. With nearly 30 years of experience in the construction industry and as a home inspector in California, I know how to properly supply your clients with the knowledge necessary to make a fully informed decision.
We perform our inspections to comply with California Real Estate Inspection Association (CREIA) Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Thorough Home Inspection Reports
We provide customers with online access to thorough home inspection reports. Reports include pictures of deficiencies found on a property. This convenient method allows you to always have access to your report. Check out an example the information you’ll find in our home inspection reports.
What We Inspect
Our home inspections are detailed visual assessments of the systems, structures, and land. These include:
- EXTERIOR: Walls, Stairs, Trim, Sprinklers, and Chimney
- INTERIOR: Walls, Windows, Ceilings, Doors, Stairs, Fireplace, Smoke Detectors, Floors.
- FOUNDATION: Crawlspace, Slab, and Basement, Drainage and Grading.
- HEATING AND COOLING: Operational system, Controls, Condition of Dust Filters, Venting.
- POOL / SPA: Pumps, Deck, Heater, Filter, Electrical, Coping, Blowers, Fencing.
- ROOF: Downspouts, Gutters, Roofing Material, and Flashings.
- ELECTRICAL: Main and sub-panels, Outlets, Service Wires, Wiring, GFIs and Switches.
- PLUMBING: Water Heater, Supply Lines and Wastelines.
- KITCHEN: Range/Cooktop, Sinks and Disposal, Cabinets, Counters, Dishwasher.
- BATHROOMS: Showers and Tubs, Toilets, Sinks, Cabinets, Counters, Ventilation.
- GARAGE: Vehicle Door and Opener, Exterior Doors, Interior Doors, Fire Walls, Ventilation, Floor.
- ATTIC: Insulation, Ventilation, Framing.
- GROUNDS: Driveway, Sidewalks, Retaining Walls, Patio, Decks, Porches, Fences and Gates.
Home Inspection Qualifications
- ACAC Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant #1510066
- Certified Construction Consultant
- 20 Years California Firefighter
- 40 Years Construction Industry
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- ICC Certified Building Inspector #1003194-10
- California State Licensed General Contractor #633422
- ACAC Council Certified Residential Mold Inspector #0707015 (CRMI)
- NSPF Certified Pool Inspector #93-27477
- I.T.A. Certified Manufactured Home Inspector #SM-HMO-106
- Certified CREIA Inspector (CCI) Member
- California Real Estate Inspection Association since 1991
- Past Treasurer – Conejo Valley Chapter
- International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) #18720
- “Green Certified” Building Science Fundamentals 2007
- Charter Member Professional Pool Operators of America
- Life Member California State Firefighters Association (CSFA)
Gold Coast provides home inspections in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties. Our thorough services include inspecting mold, pools, and spas.
We serve so many cities that we can’t list them all. But if you live in or near any of the following cities, we can help you:
Agoura, Channel Islands Harbor, Westlake Village, Calabasas, Ventura, Simi Valley, Santa Barbara, Oxnard, Hollywood, Topanga, Lompoc, Thousand Oaks, Los Angeles, Santa Ynez, Malibu, Santa Monica, Montecito, Moorpark, San Luis Obispo, Ojai.